In maths this week we have been using the first aid kits to explore making numbers to 50. We used lots of different equipment to demonstrate tens and ones.
Internet Safety Week
In Robins we talked to the children about staying safe when using the internet.
We introduced the children to the following five SMART tips:
- Safe - Staying safe involves being careful and not giving out your name, address, mobile phone no., school name or password to people online.
- Meeting someone you meet in cyberspace can be dangerous. Only do so with your parents'/carers' permission and then when they are present.
- Accepting e-mails or opening files from people you don't really know or trust can get you into trouble - they may contain viruses or nasty messages.
- Reliable - someone online may be lying and not be who they say they are. If you feel uncomfortable when chatting or messaging end the conversation.
- Tell your parent or carer if someone or something makes you feel uncomfortable or worried.