Every local authority must identify education, health and social care services in their local area provided for children, young people and families who have Special Educational Needs or who are Disabled (SEND).
When we refer to our local offer, we mean all the services and organisations which are part of the support on offer in Trafford. Information about services provided outside our local area that local people are likely to use are provided on the website.
You can access the local offer online https://www.trafforddirectory.co.uk/kb5/trafford/fsd/localoffer.page?newlocalofferchannel=0
They also have an outreach team who meet families and professionals in the community! It's certainly worth a visit to the website to find out what is on offer in your local area for a child or young person with special educational needs or who are disabled (SEND) and their families.
Introduction video produced by Aside Media Productions, with huge thanks from Trafford Family Information Service (FIS).
Altrincham CE Primary School SEND Local Offer
Mrs Victoria Walsh is our named SENCO and she is happy to answer any questions relating to SEND provision at Altrincham CE Primary School.
She can be contacted via the school office
Tel: 0161 928 7288
Or by email:
Trafford Family Information Service
Trafford's Family Information Service provide free, impartial, confidential information and advice to mums, dads, carers, young people and professionals on a range of subjects including childcare, the local offer and an outreach service.
Who to contact
Telephone: 0161 912 1053
Website: Trafford Directory
Trafford's parent's forum is all about Trafford parents supporting each other who have children and young people with SEN, Disability and/or additional needs.
Being the parent or carer of a child with special needs can be a lonely, demanding and frustrating experience and TPF believe it is vital that parents have a meaningful voice, in these difficult times. Apart from the "big stuff," they also want the forum to be a source of help, advice and support for parents. That could be anything from a cup of coffee to parent training. The forum is open to all parents and carers of Trafford’s children and young people (0 -25) with Special Education Needs or who are disabled.
The forum meets at regular intervals to discuss the issues within Trafford. They realise, of course, that for many parents, attending meetings is not a realistic option and they use a range of means to keep as many parents as possible in the information loop.
Come and join them at their weekly drop in and catch up for parent carers. There’s no need to book, you just turn up! Dates, times and venues are on their Facebook page, SPIT Trafford.
Who to contact
Telephone: 0161 872 0183
Website: Trafford Parents Forum Website
Trafford SEND Information and Support Service (SENDIASS)
SENDIASS provide free, impartial, confidential and accessible advice, information and support on matters relating to special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities including concerns relating to health and social care. Their service is for:
- parents or carers of children aged from 0-25 years with SEN or who are disabled
- young people aged 16-25 with SEN or who are disabled
This includes children in early years settings, pupils in schools, students at colleges of further education, young people in apprenticeships and training programmes, young people who may have SEN and who are currently unemployed and in none of the above educational programmes.
- Help you with information about how to apply for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan
- Help with information and advice about support available in local schools for pupils with SEN
- Provide information, advice and support in relation to the take up of personal budgets
- Provide information on the law on SEN and disability, health and social care
- Help you gather information relating to SEN and disability for assessments
- Help you understand and interpret information relating to SEN and Disability
- Provide information on the Local Authority's Disagreement Resolution Service and Independent Mediation Service
- Signpost you to the Independent Support Service in Trafford (which is independent of the Local Authority), who can help co-ordinate the process and provide help and support if your child has an existing Statement of SEN which is being transferred to an EHC Plan
- Provide information about complaints procedures
- Help you lodge an appeal with the SEND Tribunal Service, and support you throughout this appeal
- Signpost you or your child to relevant SEND support groups, organisations and other local authority services including Connexions, housing and young peoples' forums
- Help with information on schools' admissions policies, exclusions policies and school transport policies
Who to contact
Telephone: 0161 912 3150
Website: Trafford PYPPS