Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) (Wales)
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are traumatic events that affect children while growing up, such as suffering child maltreatment or living in a househol...
What is Operation Encompass?
Operation Encompass is a police and education early intervention safeguarding partnership enabling support for children and young people who are experiencing domestic abuse.
The government definition of domestic violence is...
"Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence, or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.!
What children may experience:
- Exposure to domestic abuse can have a serious, long-lasting emotional and psychological impact on children.
- A child who is anxious and dysregulated, in a persistent state of alarm, is a child who cannot learn. A child could arrive at school in a high state of anxiety about what they may have experienced (seen or heard) the night before. This could include, but is not limited to, any of the following:
- Other family members being hurt or intimidated; abuse of siblings and/or pets
- Destruction of property and belongings
- Drug/alcohol misuse
- Overhearing violent incidents
- Forced participation in the abuse and degradation of their parent