Kevin Davis - Chair of Governors
Kevin Davis (Chair)
A very warm hello! I have lived in Altrincham for over thirty years, during which time both my sons attended Altrincham CE Primary School. I take my commitment to the school very seriously, currently as a Foundation Governor and previously as a Parent Governor and member of the PTA.
The training and skills I have gained working as an Engineering Manager compliments those of other governors and provides me with experience I can bring to support the work of the Governing Body. During my time as a school Governor, I have been both Chair and Vice-Chair, chair of the Finance and Buildings committees, and some of my other roles have included Link Governor for ICT and Science.
My desire to be part of Altrincham CE’s Governing Body derives from a desire to give something back to our community and a passion to make a difference. I have always had a aspiration to help young people achieve their full potential and flourish, having been involved as a volunteer youth worker for twenty years in support of this commitment.
In my spare time, my interests include outdoor activities and keeping myself fit: You may have spotted me running or cycling around Altrincham at some point.
I enjoy working with Mrs Chrysler alongside a committed team of staff and Governors who are passionate to develop the school on its path to excellence.
- Appointed: June 2020
- Term of Office: June 2024
- Appointed as a Foundation Governor Parochial Church Council appointed.
- No business or pecuniary interests; or material interests arising from intra-governor or staff relationships.
- Kevin is Chair of Governors and is a member of the Finance & Resources Committee and is the Governor with responsibility for Safeguarding.
- Attendance last year: Governor Body Meetings 6/6 Committee meetings 3/3.